- What are Cookies and Web Beacons?
A cookie is a small file placed onto your device that enables our features and functionality. For example, cookies enable us to identify your device, secure your access to our site, and even help us know if someone attempts to access your account from a different device.
Some websites may also contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs). Web beacons only collect limited information, including a cookie number, a timestamp, and a record of the page on which they are placed. Websites may also carry web beacons placed by third party advertisers. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
- When does Expo Place Cookies?
- What Types of Cookies does Expo Use?
We use two types: persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie helps us recognize you as an existing user, so it’s easier to return to Expo or interact with our services without signing in again. After you sign in, a persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by Expo when you return to our site. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiration date. Session cookies only last for as long as the session. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your web browser.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors move around when they are using it.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, such as greeting you by name and remembering your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. These cookies allow you to share and send information to other websites.
- What are Cookies used for?
- Controlling Cookies
Most browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience, since it will no longer be personalized to you. It may also stop you from saving customized settings like login information.
- What to do if you don’t want Cookies Set or want them Removed?
We may update this policy from time to time. Changes in technology, legislation and authorities’ guidance may require us to inform you of the activities we undertake where it affects your privacy rights. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are familiar with any changes.
 Please review and confirm the accuracy of this Section with respect to Expo.