- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you download, install, register with, access or use the App.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- When you register or create an account with our Website or App through the website or mobile application of the organizer (an “Organizer”) of a convention, conference or other event (an “Event”), including when you purchase tickets to an Event for yourself or on behalf of any other person to be an attendee of the Event.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), except when you register or create an account with our Website or App through the website or mobile application of an Organizer of an Event (including when you register yourself or any other person as an attendee of an Event) as described above; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website or App, except when you register or create an account with our Website or App through the website or mobile application of an Organizer of an Event (including when you register yourself or any other person as an attendee of an Event) as described above.
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- that is about you, but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or App and usage details, your mobile device; and your location.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through or use the Website or the App. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, information regarding your mobile device and your location, which information may be collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies;
- Through Bluetooth or other short range wireless connectivity applications or functions supported by the mobile devices of attendees at Events; and/or
- From third parties, including, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website or the App may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website or the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website or the App, subscribing to our services, posting material to the Website or the App, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Website or the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website or the App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website or the App.
- Your search queries on the Website or the App.
- Information that your provide by filling in forms on an Organizer’s website or mobile application to register or create an account on our Website or App, including when you purchase tickets to an Event as an attendee of an Event.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website or the App, or transmitted to other users of the Website or the App or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages or you may be able to set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through, interact with and/or use our Website or the App, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to, access of or use of the Website or the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or the App;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type; and/or
- Information about your mobile device.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website or App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or App.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website, the App, and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website and/or application statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website and/or application content and verifying system and server integrity).
- To present or provide you with the Website or the App and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes or updates to the Website or the App or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website or the App.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website and/or App users is among the assets transferred.
- To Organizers and Exhibitors of Events that are customers of the Company.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you.
- To Exhibitors and third party consultants, advisors, and investment funds for data analysis and marketing information purposes, including information regarding attendance at Events and sessions; provided that such information will be disclosed on an aggregated basis and will not contain personal information.
- To Organizers or Avery in connection with the printing of badges (see “Badges,” below).
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Badges for Events. Attendees will be issued physical or electronic badges (which may be issued, accessed and/or used through the App) that will identify the Attendee using an identification code for such Event issued by the Organizer or the Company (as applicable). The Organizer will be responsible for printing and providing badges to Attendees unless the Organizer has otherwise contracted with the Company to do so. Attendee’s badges will be scanned by Organizers and/or Exhibitors when Attendees attend an Event. Information regarding the Attendee, which may include the Attendee’s name or personal information and other information provided by the Attendee to the Company through the Services will be disclosed and transferred to such Organizer or Exhibitor (as applicable). If you are an Attendee, you consent to the disclosure and transfer of such information to the Organizer or Exhibitor.
Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You may be able to control access to your information as discussed below.
- Location Information. You may be able to choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location at Events or with a venue at which an Event is held through the mobile device’s privacy settings or by disabling your Bluetooth function. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a purchase of our services, products, service or product experience or other transactions.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website or the App and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement.
Children Under the Age of 16
Neither the Website nor the App is intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to, on or through the Website or the App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not download, register with, use or provide any information on the Website or the App, or on or through any of the [links] on the Website or the App, make any purchases through the Website or the App, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website or the App or provide any information about yourself to us, including, without limitation, your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Expo, Inc., 20 N Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Website or the App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: Expo, Inc., 20 N Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website or App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website or App.
All payments made by you through the Services are processed by a third-party payment processor. The Company, in its sole discretion, shall determine the third-party payment processor, including the third-party payment processor for any Event, sale, purchase or rental. If the third-party payment processor for the applicable Event, sale, purchase or rental is Stripe, information regarding Stripe’s payment services are available at https://stripe.com. If a different third-party payment processor is used by the Company for an applicable Event, sale, purchase or rental information regarding the payment processing services of such third-party payment processor may be available on such third-party payment processor’s website. The Company may, in its sole discretion, change its third-party payment processor at any time.
If you are an Organizer and Stripe is the third-party payment processor for the applicable Event, sale, purchase or rental, payments will be remitted to you through a Stripe Connect Managed Account if (i) the remittance of payment to you is provided for in the Service Agreement or Merchant Agreement between the Company and you or (ii) the remittance of payment to you is provided for on the Website or the App, including if tickets to an Event will be sold through our Website or App. In such case, payment processing will be subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement available at https://stripe.com/us/connect-account/legal, which includes the Stripe Terms of Service available at https://stripe.com/us/legal (collectively, the “Stripe Services Agreement”). By agreeing to the Service Agreement, Merchant Agreement or through the Website or the App for services or products that will use a Stripe Connect Managed Account, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Services Agreement, as the same may be modified by Stripe from time to time. As a condition of the Website or App enabling Stripe’s Stripe Connect Managed Account payment processing services through Stripe, you agree to provide the Website or App accurate and complete information about you and your business, and you authorize the Company and the Website or App to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe.
If you are an Organizer and a different third-party payment processor is used by the Company for the applicable Event, sale, purchase or rental, the terms as between the Company and you relating to such third-party payment processor and/or payment processing will be set forth in a separate agreement between the Company and you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. ANY TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.